Saturday, November 24, 2007

Plans and daydreams

Good morning Alene! I'm off to give blood in about an hour. We are having a chilly but nice weekend. Progress report soon with pictures of Cactus Blossom. I'm going to make that cardigan one of these days but probably out of millspun yarn, maybe Peace Fleece.
I'm just to eager to try out some things with my spinning, especially stuff that I learned at WSWF and things I've been reading about, to try to make a large amount of yarn of one color right now. I think it would be fun to make a bunch of smaller projects out of the spinning experiments and maybe even get back to some rug hooking. I learned about "traditional" rug hooking with yarn (instead of fabric strips) from an article by Judy Taylor in Spin-Off a few years ago and have done some reading on it. There's a display of them now at my LYS so that's got me thinking about them. I've made 2 very small wall hangings, one to try it out and one as a gift for K. I could use another vest so that's an idea too. As you can see, I have lots of fun playing around with ideas before I ever start one (us odd ducks have lots of imaginary UFOs). Hope all is well. C

1 comment:

Alene said...

Wow, those rugs are impressive. And the sheep and goats are really cute.