Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Day After

Hi Cindy,

Hope your family had a fun and warm Christmas. We had a great hike with our friends and their dog. I did about 5 miles total, in and back out on the Lost Dutchman Trail. The others did the 9.1 mile loop over Black Mesa and through Garden Valley. It was really beautiful. There was even water running in most of the streams. I felt it quite a bit yesterday when we got back but I'm mostly over it today, just a little stiff. DH is feeling it more and has blisters from his ill-fitting boots. We're already talking about doing something on New Year's Day, either a short hike or a bike ride to a local coffee shop.

On Monday I plied the purple yarn I spun over the summer, mostly spun on the drop spindle you sent me. I think I have about 100 yards total. Unfortunatley I don't have a picture right now. I'll try to take one and post it later.

Take Care, A

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Looks like a great day! Thanks for the gift cert-- I love it! Her colors are awesome. I ordered some Targhee top in blueberry patch. :)

Alene said...

I loved the fact that she calculates the shipping charges up front so that the recipient doesn't have to mess around with that or have some out of pocket expense. I'm looking forward to seeing the spun product.