Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Mirasol Project

Hi Alene, have you heard of the Mirasol Project? It's a new yarn project that is fair trade and also benefits native herding families in Peru. The Sow's Ear is THE shop in our area to carry these 4 gorgeous yarn lines. All natural fiber yarns and in the medium to bulky gauges that are my favorite!! I bought the first pattern book which has a lot of nice projects in it and plan to do one of them after I finish Cactus Blossom. The cotton/wool blend yarn would be the one to tempt someone in a warm climate; it is soft and pretty and has a great feel (not so heavy as cotton yarns are sometimes). Check it out! :)

I thought of you and K immediately when I saw tho Yahoo headline about the aband. mine death but didn't know any details. Also didn't know about the past deaths here but it is really not on our radar screens in WI, so I am not surprised either.

Your house is looking great. DS is excited about school, and I imagine a bit nervous but nothing like last year. DD has been dreaming a lot and waking in the night; even with DH and I taking turns, we had a tired weekend. All our August rain led to the worst skeeter crop in years--yikes! They especially love DD's sweet young blood, poor dear. Bye for now, Cindy

No comments: