Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pandora's box

Hi, Alene, thanks for the care package of sweets. Chocolate is much more beloved to me since DD's birth so I kept the Dove bars & the magazine and shared the rest ;)

My recuperation gave me time to do something I've been avoiding: go over to YouTube to check out the spinning content. [remember, silk, the alleged reason for starting this blog ; clearly mine needs a lot more twist] Wow, there's some good stuff. I also looked into the Portuguese style of knitting which some say is easier on the body and have been experimenting with it. Fun!

I started a new sweater, knit about 1.5 inches, and frogged it even though it was looking fine and was a good pattern. I want to start a bigger project but just am not in a sweater mood. I am thinking about a Sonoma Mountain Wrap but am not sure if my stash has enough different colors . . . also friend L rightly wonders if a big rectangle won't be a bit boring after a while. More soon, I sincerely hope, love, Cindy

1 comment:

Alene said...

That is exactly what I planned with the chocolate and the novelties. I'm sure the kids had a great time eating them. I'm glad your feeling better, or at least I hope you are.

I think L might be right about the big rectangle, even if it does change colors. To me it looks like the something that that would zoom by on a knitting machine but could get mind numbing by hand. Is it garter or stockinette? I didn't look closely at the directions.