Tuesday, January 8, 2008

What I've Been Up To


Hi Cindy,

I saw the bad weather that blew through there yesterday. Yikes! Thunderstorms and tornadoes in January, what's up with that? We had a goodly amount of rain yesterday, around half an inch, and today is back to sunny. Did you see the bus accident in Utah? It was headed from Telluride back to Phoenix and most of the people were from around town. Three of the kids that died were from one high school. How sad.

Here is my latest completed item. It took me just over an hour to complete. It is a single mini-mitten. Since we don't have much use for mittens here I thought I'd try a mini one to see how it went. It passes the Margi chew test, fits in her mouth just perfectly. Actually it is the perfect size for my thumb drive to fit in for carrying back and forth between work.

As you probably figured out I got my Ravelry invite on Saturday, just before we were due to leave for Ben's surprise 60th birthday. I ended up spending much of Sunday on it and have started to catalog my stash although I'm sure that will take weeks.

Here is a picture of Ben with his birthday cake. He played college football for Michigan State (hence the green football helmet) and then one year for the Washington Redskins, the year that Lomabardi coached them. Unfortunately for him he was drafted into the Marines that year and ended up in Viet Nam. He was wounded pretty badly there and has full disability because of it. He was one of my good bosses at MI and there were only 2 of them in the 14 years I was there.

I start my yoga class tonight. It is a Yoga Basics class which is good since it's been about 9 years since I took a formal class and did yoga regularly. I'll let you know tomorrow how sore I am from it.

Take care, stay warm and dry! A

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I LOVE this template! Let's stick with it for a good long while.

Alene said...

Sounds fine to me. I figure we can change them up every six months or more, as we get tired and want a change. I guess this one is displaying fine for you?