Friday, October 19, 2007

Today is...?

Hi Cindy!

Have you ever had one of those mornings where you're laying in bed half asleep from the alarm and thoughts of what your day is going to be like only to realize you have the wrong day of the week. That is what happened to me today.

I was drowsing in bed. I'd already hit the snooze once (I'm sure that's one thing you remember from those long 20 years ago, my addiction to the snooze button). I was thinking how since it was Co-op Saturday I needed to be there about 7:45 but it doesn't take too long to get there so I didn't have to leave till 7:30. And since I can get ready pretty quickly I didn't have to get out of bed until at least 7 and maybe even a little later. I knew DH's parents might stop by later. Tempe HS is celebrating their 100th Anniversary and DH's mom was salutatorian in 1956. She still likes to come down for class reunions. They're thinking about coming down for the picnic lunch so they could get here as early as 9 or as late as 2. Gotta make sure the house is picked up when they come.

Then DH comes in and asks me (while it's still dark in the room except for the closet light) if his cloths match. I peeled one eye open and solemnly ask if he's wearing shorts (since he's got clean-up morning at the new zen land in Mesa). No, he says, he can't wear shorts to work. Okay, maybe it's really brushy and he doesn't want to get scratched up . Or maybe it is pretty cool yet and he doesn't want to get cold (although 60 degrees has never stopped the shorts before). My alarm goes off again as I ponder his not wearing shorts to do yard work. Hmmm, maybe since it's after 6:30 and he's not going to let me sleep I should get up.

Especially since it's Friday. Wait, Friday? Not Saturday, Darn, I have to go to work another day. Ah well so much for that haze I was in about it being Saturday. Maybe I can do it again tomorrow (in about 6-7 hours since it is now almost midnight).

This is Margi making a bed on her favorite blanket. I think she loves it so much because it is basically just giant yarn sewn together. Mom sent it last year for my bday and Margi claimed it.

Okay, I'm off so I can do Saturday morning for real soon. Tomorrow (hopefully) I'll write about the finished strap and other stuff. Take Care, A

No comments: