Friday, June 15, 2007

FO's

Hola Cindy!

Hope your weekend is off to a good start. It was as hot as the surface of the sun again today but they expect it to cool off to 108 this weekend ;0 !

I thought I'd share a few recent finished objects although I don't have a finished picture of one.

First off are the two lace caps I knit last month. These are both from the cotton yarn I bought at Sow's Ear when I visited you in April (can you believe it's been almost 2 months). The one on the left is the one I actually gave to DH's grandma. I found the pattern on Free Pattern Central. I actually found both patterns there. The one on the right is one on the Lion Brand Yarns site. It is top down with stockinette at the top and then a "grunge" lace pattern.
Here is a picture of the socks I made for my MIL's birthday 2 weeks ago. They were made with the Tofootsie yarn from Southwest Trader's, located right here in beautiful Tempe. The pattern is one I had along when visiting you. I modified it slightly as I knit it. The socks turned out great. The yarn has a squishy feel to it. I'm waiting to hear if she's worn them much. I'm making a pair from the same pattern but using yarn I bought off ebay last fall from Susan's Spinning Bunny. I'll take a picture when I finish at least one. I'm extending the pattern down the top of the sock so it will be slightly different. The yarn for it is a handspun sw merino/tencel mix. The leg part has a nice color pattern but that kind of disintegrates after the heel flap and gusset. Hope the second one will be similar .
Well, DH has bedded down and the cats are quiet so it's a good time to get some knitting in. Take care. A

No comments: